Monday, July 25, 2011

Macro Monday: Dog Eat Dog World


As I was showering this morning, I noticed two of the delicate, elegant spiders who typically occupy the corners and edges of the bathroom ceiling cautiously approaching one another.

Through the steam, they appeared to be the same species. Was I about to be a voyeur at the mating dance?

Alas, no. That was not a kiss that the victrix kept planting on the less fortunate arthropod as she systematically folded and wrapped eight now-ungainly legs.

By the time I got a camera and a chair, it was all over but for the dessication.

When we arrived home tonight, there was no sign there had ever been more than one spider.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you allow them to live in your bathroom. Letting them be is something I've only recently learned to do. I've been arachnophobic all my life and I've always killed spiders & other arachnids with nary a second thought or regret. Amazingly, thus far I've come to no harm by coexisting with them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I've enabled the comments for all users; if you are posting as "anonymous" you MUST sign your comment. Anonymous unsigned comments will be deleted. Trolls, spammers, and litigants will be shot.