Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I ... don't understand the difference

What Michael Vick and his apologists, including Nike and Subway, don't get.

Putting on a nice sweater is not the same thing as being nice.



Being sorry that you were caught is not the same thing as being sorry.

"Letting down the fans" is not the problem.

"Letting myself down" is not the problem.

Fearing just punishment is not the same thing as knowing what you are doing is wrong.

Enduring punishment is not the same thing as redemption.

It's not all about you. Has nothing to do with "nobody's perfect." It's not a "mistake."

And you will never get it.

5 comments:

  1. Helen is right. I give at least even odds Vick will graduate to more advanced forms of sociopathy, and against humans -- perhaps a child or a spouse.

    One day, maybe Pip or Rosie will deploy as cadaver dogs in that hunt. He is strong, but he has not shown himself to be especially smart, and a shallow grave seems his style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!

    —Upton Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is "but he's a great ball player."

    I heard Charles Manson was a great chess player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more and I couldn't have said it better! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I've enabled the comments for all users; if you are posting as "anonymous" you MUST sign your comment. Anonymous unsigned comments will be deleted. Trolls, spammers, and litigants will be shot.